Throw it away? No way!
Repair Cafes are free meeting places to repair things together. There are Repair Cafes worldwide and volunteers are launching one in Weymouth in May 2019. Repair cafe Weymouth is registered with www.repaircafe.org/en/
We throw away vast amounts of stuff, which could get a new lease of life with a simple repair. One repair can save up to 24 kilos of CO2 going into the atmosphere, by preventing the need to recycle old items and manufacture/ transport new ones – and it will save you money.
At our Repair Cafe, you’ll find tools and materials and expert volunteers to help you make repairs. Please make a donation if you are happy with your repair so we can continue to help others.
- Bring broken items from home
- Work together with the specialists to make repairs
- Get inspired at the reading table with books on repairs and DIY
- Lend a hand with someone else’s repair job
Date and Time
Repair cafe Weymouth starts on:
Saturday 11 May 2019
10:30am to 12:30pm
At: The Palm House Cafe, Melcombe Regis Car Park, Commercial Road,
Weymouth DT4 7DW
Repair Cafe’s will be on the second Saturday of every month (except in July and August), from 10:30 to 12:30. 11 May, 8 June, 14 September, 12 October 2019, 9 November, 14 December 2019.
Things we can try to fix
If you can carry it, we can try to fix it. If it is big, bring a photo and we’ll discuss it.
- Mechanical items
- Electrical – hoovers, toasters, kettles, power tools, radios, TVs
- Technology – PCs, laptops, gadgets and games
- Garden tools – strimmers, hedge trimmers
- Rigid plastics – freezer boxes, toys
- Clothes – zips, pockets, hems, up-cycling
- Furniture – upholstery, curtains, blinds
- Craft work