Throw it away? No way!
Repair Cafes are free meeting places to repair things together. There are Repair Cafes worldwide. Repair Cafe Weymouth was launched by volunteers in March 2019. It is registered with www.repaircafe.org/en/
We throw away vast amounts of stuff, which could get a new lease of life with a simple repair. One repair can save up to 24 kilos of CO2 going into the atmosphere, by preventing the need to recycle old items and manufacture/ transport new ones – and it will save you money.
At our Repair Cafe, you’ll find tools and materials and expert volunteers to help you make repairs. Please make a donation if you are happy with your repair so we can continue to help others.
- Bring broken items from home
- Work together with the specialists to make repairs
- Get inspired at the reading table with books on repairs and DIY
- Lend a hand with someone else’s repair job
Date and Time
Repair Cafe events are normally on the second Saturday of every month (except in July and August), from 10:30 to 12:30.
At: The Palm House Cafe, Melcombe Regis Car Park, Commercial Road,
Weymouth DT4 7DW
Our events are currently suspended due to the Coronoavirus pandemic. The ‘Upcoming Events’ section will give the date of our next event when we resume. See our Facebook page for more details.
Things we can try to fix
If you can carry it, we can try to fix it. If it is big, bring a photo and we’ll discuss it.
- Mechanical items
- Electrical – hoovers, toasters, kettles, power tools, radios, TVs
- Technology – PCs, laptops, gadgets and games
- Garden tools – strimmers, hedge trimmers
- Rigid plastics – freezer boxes, toys
- Clothes – zips, pockets, hems, up-cycling
- Furniture – upholstery, curtains, blinds
- Craft work